Are you an artist?
If the answer is yes then you may be looking to purchase a table in Animaritime’s Artist Alley. Artist Alley is found in the Exhibition Room on the second floor of the Fredericton Convention Centre and will be home for the three days of the convention to both Artists and Vendors alike.
Found below is all of the information required to complete your Artist Alley Application. Please read all of the following information as details have changed.
To become an artist in Artist Alley you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Artists must be 18+ in order to purchase an Artist Alley table.
- Artists must fill out and complete the Artist Alley Application.
- Artists who have been accepted and purchased their package, will have access to the entire convention grounds. (Except for pre-paid and VIP Events)
- Artists who have already pre-registered for the convention will be reimbursed after the convention. Reimbursement information will be requested in the application.
- Artists must agree to adhere to the Convention Code of Conduct and Rules and Regulations of the Exhibition Room: Artist Alley Section.
- Each artist must be willing to submit a portfolio (3-4 pieces) of their artwork/images/etc. for review for acceptance into the space. The application will have a section for a link for an online portfolio. If you do not have an online portfolio, please submit images to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have finished filling in the online application.
Rules and Regulations
While within the Artist Alley space the artist must follow the below Rules and Regulations.
- All persons behind an artist alley table must have an Exhibitor badge. Persons without a badge (even those just holding the space) will be asked to either purchase an Exhibitor badge or leave the space. Animaritime staff will not hold the space for artists.
- Artists are able to sell adult material (18+) however they must adhere to the rules found in the Adult Material’s section below.
- Artists are in charge of all items (including personnel) within their area. Animaritime takes no responsibility for any damage, theft, loss, or injury to any item or person within the space.
- There is a maximum number of 2 persons per table. Tables found with more than two persons to a table will be asked to amend the situation.
- Displays on tables are allowed but they must adhere to the following policy. Unsteady displays must be taken down. This includes, but is not limited to, overhead, wire, wooden, cork boards or poster board displays.
- Food and covered drinks are allowed but only after each artist (including assistants and helpers) at the table has signed their “Hold Harmless” form as required by the venue.
- Animaritime does not provide change, therefore make sure you have adequate funds at hand.
- Artists are prohibited from attaching items to the walls around the Exhibition Area. Items found on walls will be confiscated by Animaritime staff and the artist will be fined for any damage to that panel. For a list of prohibited items and actions see the Prohibited section below.
- Artists are allowed to sell fanart however they are not allowed to copy, trace or otherwise reproduce an existing piece of art and sell it as their own. Fan art must be of an original design which can utilise their favorite characters. Art theft and plagiarism is not tolerated. Note: For any works representing or depicting characters (such as another artist’s work) being sold en masse, artists should have the creator permissions to reproduce them. We know however as there are multiple creators and characters out there that this is not always possible. Therefore please be aware of the creator's feelings on the matter of fan art and commissioned works prior to bringing works to the convention.
Adult material is defined as: Any material not appropriate for all ages. This includes but is not limited to, images or artwork depicting or representing nude persons, persons in lewd or provocative settings and images of extreme violence.
Artists selling adult material cannot display these items on the table. Adult material must be kept out of reach inside a binder marked “Adult/18+” only or behind the table out of view (books, figures, etc.). Attendees wishing to see and/or purchase these items must first show their badge with the 18+ stamp or photo ID.
Note: Minors found in possession of adult material will have the items confiscated. Artists who sell adult material to minors will have all of their adult material confiscated for the remainder of the convention.
The items and actions below are prohibited in Artist Alley. Artists who are found in possession of any items listed or have exhibited any actions noted below will be dealt with accordingly.
Artists are prohibited from having , displaying and/or selling the following items:
- Weapons. All weapons are prohibited. See convention policies on weapons
- Bootlegged items. Including, but not limited to, buttons, images, keychains, etc.
- Flammable items. Including, but not limited to: candles, aerosols, airbrush components and paint. Excludes: ink found in pens or markers.
- Gum or other sticky hard to remove substance.
Artists are prohibited from doing the following:
- Displaying items on the walls of the venue.
- Selling adult material to minors.
- Blocking or obstructing the walkway or any exit with their items or displays.
- Selling food.
- Selling items outside Artist Alley or outside Artist Alley public opening and closing times while the convention is occurring.
Three Strikes Rule
During the convention, Animaritime’s Exhibition Staff will be enforcing the Convention Code of Conduct and the Artist Alley Rules and Regulations with the Three Strikes Rule. Any artist that fails to adhere to these policies will be subject to dismissal from the space.
- Verbal warning from Animaritime Staff. Animaritime Exhibition Staff will issue the offender with a verbal warning. A write up of the incident will be presented to the Artist Alley Coordinator.
- Written warning from Artist Alley Coordinator. The Artist Alley Coordinator will present the offender with written documentation listing the incidents and make note that another warning will result in dismissal from Artist Alley. In the event that the Artist Alley Coordinator is not present the Vendor Coordinator will step in as their proxy.
- Dismissal from Artist Alley by the Convention Chair/s. Subject to a final incident the offender will be dismissed from the Artist Alley space and have all Artist Alley privileges revoked. Depending on the severity of the incident (for example violence against another artist, attendee or staff) the offender may be removed from the convention.
Harassment and bullying
If you are having problems, are being harassed, or bullied by an attendee, another artist or member of staff please contact the Artist Alley Coordinator or the Vendor Coordinator immediately. The convention takes all complaints seriously and will work to resolve any issues of harassment or problems quickly.
Hours of Operation
The Exhibition Room will have a period where is it open to artists only to set up and close down their table(s) each day.
|Day||Open to Vendors||Open to Public||Closed to Public||Closed to Vendors|
Application and Application Process
Please read all of the information below as the application, application process, pricing and table options have changed.
- We will begin accepting applications March 22nd, 2017 at 8:00 pm AST. The application will appear on this page after the date above. Applications will close on April 4th, 2017 or until all space has been reserved.
- The application will be presented as a Google form. Be sure to complete all application fields prior to submitting the form.
- Due to evaluating your work the processing time will take longer. If you have not heard from us by April 24th, 2017 you may contact the Artist Alley Coordinator directly.
- Once you have been accepted into the space you will receive a welcome email and a link to our Artist Alley Eventbrite page. Note you must pay for the appropriate table and additional badges. Additional badges can be paid for by the applicant or by the other artist.
- Payment for your table/s must take place within one (1) week of receiving the Eventbrite link. If payment has not been made within that time, those placed on the waitlist will be offered the table(s).
- If you have not been accepted into Artist Alley or you have been accepted but have not been given a table, you will be presented with a letter of declination or an offer to be placed on the waitlist respectively.
- If you are looking to share a table with other artists do not submit two applications (one from one artist and one from another).
Applicants who have been accepted but have not received a table will be placed on a waitlist. Waitlist applicants are not guaranteed a table but will be given first pick on tables not paid for or rejected by another applicant.
Note that the Exhibitor Badge can also access the convention space, however it does not guarantee access to pre-paid events or VIP event. Persons wishing to participate in VIP events must purchase a VIP pass. Reimbursement will only be for the Convention badge only.
Package includes one Artist Alley table and one Exhibitor Badge (three day access).
Note that the maximum number of artist for this package is two.
Package includes two Artist Alley tables (side by side) and two Exhibitor Badges (three day access).
Note that the maximum number of artist for this package is four.
Additional Exhibitor Badges
All additional artists must have an Exhibitor badge. Provide names in the application.
Find the Exhibition layout for artist here. Artist’s tables are orange.
Animaritime agrees to refund the cost of the table and badges if the artist notes their intent to cancel use of the space before May 1st, 2017. No refund will be given to spaces after this date or to spaces purchased in the auction or given as a prize.
If you have any questions please contact the Artist Alley Coordinator at: email@example.com
Artist Alley Application: Artist Alley Application